I don’t normally place opinions on major national issues, but since everyone seems to feel obliged to have some thoughts, I guess I’m no exception. Don’t mind my dickish tone. Understand: I want the total elimination of PDAF, let alone corruption; and all I’m saying is that the Pork Barrel “rage,” is a little on the extremes. Why am I saying this, you wonder? Because it doesn’t take a “Million People March” (which, by the way, only found tenth of a million people marching) to kill Pork.
While the “revolution” vibe is warming and sort of nostalgic, I personally think an attack to the core is more powerful than the outside. Again, I’m not the asshole trying to tell you coming together is useless; all I’m saying is that we’re ripping our hearts out here, when there’s someone, maybe just one, who has the mutual goal, inside the system, and from there we can Trojan our way. I mean, if that someone really wants PDAF out of our government.
Anyway, we did what we can, and the government has issued a new system. Not exactly what we wanted, but still, we made a difference. Agreeing or disagreeing to that new system will take another post so I’ll let you guys discuss it in the comments below. Anyway, here’s a bit of a humor on how to get your Pork “rage” to die down a little:
- If you haven’t gone to the March, don’t stress too much. You didn’t lose your soul.
- Post hilarious Miriam Defensor memes. (The woman has my high regards. Applause!)
- Choose between the two: the Batfleck casting or Miley Cyrus’ twerking Robin Thicke at the VMA’s? I suggest you anger yourselves over the latter. She’s possessed. Charmingly hilarious, but still possessed.
- Eat a burrito. Or tacos.
- Grab a “Twilight” book (any from the series) and feel the sense of triumph as you tear each page that you read.
- Grab a “Harry Potter” book (any from the series) and feel the sense of triumph as you read each page. Dive yourself to the novel with love. Hooray, Pottheads!
- Watch “Breaking Bad.” Because Heisenberg is a badass.
- Make a scrapbook by pasting King Joffrey and Jar-Jar memes. See which character is most hated. It’s a tough one, but I vote Joffrey. He’s a big puss.
- Feel badass when you didn’t remove your USB safely.
- Start a new business. Never mind the tax. Just start your own goddamned business. Don’t wait for the country to rise at its peak. Start now!
I hope you enjoyed this post and I’ll be back tomorrow for a new Instagram roundup. For more humor, movie and business-related stuff, follow me on Twitter, my film blog, and my business’ website. Cheers!